Monday, January 24, 2011

A Box of Darkness: The Story of a Marriage by Sally Ryder Brady

I won this book from Goodreads. I wasn't sure what to think about this book as I started the story, but deep into the second chapter or so, I was hooked. What an inspiring story of courage, loyalty and understanding from the view of this author. I was so impressed at the way Mrs. Brady lived her life knowing that she was with the right person for her, all the while being the keeper of her husband's secret. The compassion, love, frustration and confusion she has for her late husband is portrayed very well in this book. I don't know if many people could be as strong and persevere through such a complicated marriage. I'm so glad she is able to recall the great times she had with her spouse, not just the difficult times. I would definitely recommend this book to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment