Monday, January 24, 2011

The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino

At first I had a hard time with the Japanese names and customs, as I am not familiar with them. However, as the book went on, it got easier to understand. I really liked this book...I can see why Keigo Higashino is a popular author in Japan, and I'm glad that he is releasing books in the US.

This is a story of Yasuko, a single mom, who accidentally kills her ex-husband while he is in her home and is threatening her and her daughter. Yasuko's neighbor, Ishigami, who has a romantic interest in Yasuko, hears what is going on next door and goes over to see if everything is ok. Ishigami is a brilliant mathematician, who devises a plan to cover up the murder. What transpires after this, is a genious plan that kept me enthralled throughout the book. An old college friend of Ishigami, who helps police in investigations, got involved with the case, and helps to solve the cover up.

This is one of those books, that has an 'AHA!' ending. The book is so well written and I really look forward to reading more of Mr. Higashino's books, as I thought about this book for days after I was finished reading it. I will definitely read it again, and I will recommend it to my friends. Great book!(less)

No comments:

Post a Comment