Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Simple Murder by Eleanor Kuhns


I really liked this book! I'm a big fan of mysteries and historical fiction, so this book had both aspects of the things I enjoy.

This book is set around the year 1795 and focuses on the main character William Rees. William is a weaver by trade and travels all over the countryside to work. After his wife passed away, he let his sister and brother-in-law live at his farm in return for caring for his 13 year old son.  He came home a bit earlier than expected and found out that his son, David, had run away to the Shaker community a little ways away. He goes to this community to see his son, and gets roped into solving the murder of a young Shaker girl.

For being a first time author, I felt that Ms. Kuhns did a wonderful job.  I read for pleasure, not to analyze the books that I read,therefore, in my eyes, this was a great book. I hope that she will be writing more historical fiction; I would be very interested in reading more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment